1/4/10

Best Foot Forward


They're finished!

The pattern is Bettie’s Lace Stockings from the Spring 2009 Interweave Knits. I was a little nervous starting out on this, mostly because of the lace and the toe-up sock construction, but it really wasn't that bad. After a couple reps., the pattern is pretty easy to memorize and looks way more complicated than it is. I substituted the called for yarn with a few skeins of some brown no-name brand I found at Big Lots (of all places). At $2 a skein, it was definitely pocketbook friendly and is surprisingly soft for a cheap-o yarn.

The only modification I made was to do some very loose ribbing at the top instead of the picots/ribbon the pattern had. I tried the picots on the first sock and wasn't quite feeling it; this is a bit more me I think.


And I get to wear them with my favorite shoes. In the snow. Good times.

2 comments:

  1. Hi There! These are absolutely lovely. I have had many false starts with socks - but perhaps these are some inspiration for me to try again.
    X Maribeth (Lovely World)

    ReplyDelete