1/6/10

Snow Day


I am cheap both by nature and necessity.

Take three skeins of oddball yarn, a pair of size 13 needles and an obscenely snowy weekend and you have this scarf. I cast on eleven stitches and used moss stitch to give the scarf a fabric-y texture and then zoned out with something mindless on television. It's interesting because I didn't care for any of the yarns by themselves. One is pilled leftovers from an unraveled scarf from high school. Another is chenille. And the third is really, really purple. But together, it all sort of blends.


I'm suprised this came out. My hand was jiggling because I was dying of cold. And then to add insult to injury I heard a neighbor coming down the street walking their dog. I do enough to make the neighbor's talk. I didn't need to really add "Takes photos of herself outside in the driveway" to the list. Close one.

No comments:

Post a Comment