12/17/09

Stay Warm


One Christmas present down, fifty-gazillion to go!

This is the scarf I was working on for my Mom, finished in the wee hours of the morning. I used three skeins of Sirdar Snuggly Baby Bamboo yarn (say that five times fast) in denim. It's soft and appropriately, well, snuggly. The color is sort of a cornflower shade, which is tough to tell by the photo which came out a bit washed out. Nice yarn, quick knit and the crochet edging gives it a little somethin' somethin'.

If it weren't for the fact this is for my mother, I would steal it. But seeing that she was in labor with me for 22 hours, I feel I kind of owe her one.

3 comments:

  1. It is really beautiful and your mom will adore it.
    Perhaps she will let you borrow it sometime:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. ohh Love the blue of the scarf and the scalloped crocheted edges. Your mother is lucky!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much!

    Borrowing; now that's a fabulous idea. I'm going to pitch that to her :)

    ReplyDelete