12/14/09

Deck The Halls


So this was a, "I need a craft project that takes less than two years to finish and offers some sure-fire instant gratification."

I've been eyeing all the lovely wreath projects on the 'net lately and been fixing to make one for awhile. I just don't think (right now) I have the attention span to tackle any of those. Enter this.

For materials I used a paper plate as a base. I found a tutorial online that used this idea, but for the life of me I can't find the link now. In that tutorial they'd used punched paper and covered the base in purple and blue circles. It was really nice, but I wanted something a little more traditional. I decided to cut "leaves" from recycled off-white paper in varying sizes. Once the leaves were cut out, I glued these to the wreath with SoBo glue, angling them so it didn't look too matchy-match. It was looking just so-so, so I brushed a real thin coat of silver acrylic paint over everything. Did the trick. To finish it off, I added some glittery spots to mimic holly berries, tied it up with some yarn and stuck it up near my computer. Finished. It did end up taking a bit longer than I thought, but when you've been knitting the same pair of socks since October, it's all relative.
And there have been cookies lately. Store bought, but they just taste better this time of year, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment