12/23/09

Cozy


And now I'm ready for company!

Duvet cover #1 finished; I never thought I'd be so excited by mermaids at age 30, but I am. Heather Ross, consider me a fan.


And Duvet #2 is needing a backing at the moment. I snapped this photo while sewing the squares into strips. Like the first, it's a mix of vintage sheets and new fabrics.

My sister is catching a red eye flight bound from San Francisco to Boston tonight. I'm not sure I'll be able to sleep with all the excitement, which quite frankly works out perfectly well considering everything I have left on my to do list. I haven't seen her in six months, but it feels more like a lifetime. She's only here for a few days, then heading back out west while I'm flying down to Arkansas to visit my other sister and her family. Here's to frequent flyer miles!

But before that, there's much to be done. I'm planing to bake a torte for Christmas dinner at my Grandparents. I have assorted odds and ends to wrap. And there's sheets that need to be washed and rugs vacuumed.

But after that, I am going to kick back, drink large mugs of steaming hot coffee and enjoy the season. Oh yes, I am.

Happy Holidays!

1 comment:

  1. i'm a big fan of mermaids too and i love pieced duvet covers - less work than quilting but just as nice!

    ReplyDelete