11/8/09

What Tangled Webs


If you know anything about crochet, you can probably tell that I know very little about crochet. Let's just get that out in the open.

I've been knitting since I was a teenager, but been trying to teach myself crochet over the course of the past few months. Success has been limited. I managed a granny square a few weeks back, but that involved a lot of ripping out, gnashing teeth and general unpleasantness.


I've got a no longer wearable long sleeved t-shirt though that needs some revamping. I've cut it open to make a cardigan a la Angry Chicken and want to gussy it up a bit with some crochet. I'm in need of an instant gratification project and I think this fits the bill.

I'm stumbling along with the crochet making this up as I go. I'm trying to be less uptight with some of this stuff and just enjoy the process. I ended up stitching this to the back of the cardigan, then cutting away the fabric underneath. I'll get some pictures when the sun chooses to make another appearance (no, I'm not a fan of diminishing daylight).

No comments:

Post a Comment