11/11/09

Frothy


I made mocha au lait-s today for my mom and I. It's one of my favorite coffee drinks; it gives you a chocolate fix without the kick of the espresso shot you get in a cafe mocha.

Here's the way I make a mocha au lait. There's a lot of variety in recipes, but I like the way this tastes:

You need:
A coffee mug
Spoon
Milk Frother (you can try whisking the milk on the stove,
but I've never had much luck with this)

Ingredients:
Coffee
Milk
1 tablespoon cocoa powder
1 tablespoon sugar (alternately you could use chocolate syrup
in place of the cocoa powder/sugar)

Directions:
In coffee mug, mix sugar and cocoa powder. Pour in coffee, filling cup halfway, then stir. Heat half cup of milk in the microwave for one minute, longer if you like your drink hotter. You can heat the milk on the stove, but I'm usually too impatient to do this.

Once heated, froth milk until foam appears. Pour hot milk into coffee/chocolate mixture, using spoon to keep foam from pouring into the drink. Once the milk is poured in, spoon leftover foam onto the top of the drink. Garnish with cocoa powder.

Viola!

No comments:

Post a Comment