11/12/09

Things That Are Good


Today I liked

1. Finding a forgotten bag of M&M's at the bottom of my purse, right when I was in dire need of chocolate.

2. Talking to my sister on the phone. Catching up on "Project Runway" gossip, house paint and all the news that's fit to print.

3. Color Me Katie's amazing street art. I want to run outside right now with paste and paper and paint the town red. Except it's dark. And I live in the suburbs. Minor details though, right?

4. Homemade apple pie that I made this afternoon when I needed a break. It looks like a disaster, but it tastes delicious. The crust is blotchy and broke off, the appley insides landed on the bottom of the stove and bubbled and smoked. I should have known better with the crust. Martha Stewart's pie crust recipe is the pie crust recipe to end all other pie crust recipes. Martha, I'm sorry I cheated on you. It won't happen again.

No comments:

Post a Comment