11/5/09

Mismatched


I had coffee out with my mom this week. We both ordered the same thing (raspberry scone and a coffee), but got drastically different plates, which I love. Life is too short for matching china patterns.

The only thing I really don't like about this time of year is the lack of flowers outdoors. I'm trying to appreciate more what is in season though, hence the leaves brought indoors. I spotted witch hazel down the street on a walk today and want to snip some of that, but I need to scope out the area for poison sumac. There's also some gorgeous checkerberry in the woods right now and I'd like to put some in terrariums before the snow starts to fly.

But for tonight, I'm going to knit some more. Sock number one is finished and I want to keep moving before the dreaded second sock-itis starts. Add "The Office" and "Project Runway" to the mix, and I foresee some serious knitting going down.

No comments:

Post a Comment