11/15/09

Snip, Snip


Would you look at that, a rose from Wal-Mart that bloomed like nobody's business. I always get a little depressed when flowers show this incredible potential when brought home, then droop over and die tightly closed. But this one, oh it went above and beyond in floral awesomeness, and is still going strong a few days after taking this photo.


I've spent most of the weekend cutting out squares for a duvet cover. I have a lovely warm down comforter from IKEA that was a Christmas gift last year, so it's taken me almost 365 days to manage this, but hey, better late than never. Since my sister is coming home for Christmas I'm trying to get things looking tip top around here and this is part of the plan. I'm mixing new fabrics (like that Heather Ross/Mermaid piece above) with vintage sheets. I really like the contrast between the two and the vintage sheets give me a lot of yardage for a pretty good price. I have most of the squares cut out, but need to wash the new fabric. I'm always tempted to just throw caution to the wind and use fabric without washing, but then my left brain starts yelling "DANGER," so I never get much farther than reckless musings.

One of these days I will be crazy spontaneous and document the fact.

No comments:

Post a Comment