11/20/09

Hello Weekend


I wrote half a dozen posts in my head this week. The only catch was none ever made it to this blog. Chalk one up to life just getting crazier and crazier, which always seems to happen this time of year. I mean, how is it Thanksgiving is next week? I feel like I was just wearing flip flops, drinking iced coffee.

But now that there's frost on the ground I am most definitely not wearing flip flops. But I am wearing slippers, oh yes indeed. In the spirit of stash busting, these are made from a felted rummage sale sweater and are so toasty warm. I'd seen this pattern over on Martha Stewart that I've loved forever, so that basic construction idea was my starting point. I used the sleeves of the sweater to avoid side seams (read: I am lazy), then only had to sew up the toes and a seam up the back by the heal. I finished everything off with some blanket stitch around the raw edges. They stretch out a bit after wearing, but a quick trip through the washer/dryer got them right back to wearable.
And here's what I'm doing this weekend - sewing nightgowns for my nieces. I'm trying to get this done in time for Christmas which makes me think I might be certifiable. Bring it I say.

No comments:

Post a Comment