10/11/09

See The USA









What to do with a three day weekend? Roadtrip!

I took a drive with my parents up to Camden, Maine this weekend. Eating donuts and knitting socks during the drive up (but not both at the same time) is the perfect way to spend a Saturday morning.

During a stop at the state park in Camden we took some time to meander down the paths that lead to the ocean. The restorative power of a little greenery is astounding and I took some time to snap a few photos and then just sit on the rocks and stare out at the sea. And that little mushroom above? I want to adopt it, seriously.

Driving through Rockland I was completely won over by all the coffeeshops and stores. By late afternoon the wind had kicked up and it was getting a bit chilly, so we popped into the Black Bull Tavern for some sustenance. And I think I had the best raspberry pie in existence. Just maybe.

All in all, the perfect way to spend a long weekend. And maybe, with tomorrow being the holiday, I can get some photos of the above mentioned socks!

No comments:

Post a Comment