6/28/10

Gather and Pleat

Elastic Thread is AMAZING!

I'd spotted some shirred fabric at the store the other week, but the price was a bit off-putting. Internets to the rescue! A little googling and after reading through some tutorials (link here), I was up for the challenge of trying to do my own shirred dress.

The fabric is an old bed sheet. What I really love about it is that the border of roses looks completely intentional and not like, well, a bed sheet. I was initially nervous about the elastic thread jamming up, but the stuff works like a dream. The only thing I learned with the test piece I did was that you REALLY have to mark your lines well, otherwise it's a pain.

So now I am hooked. I think it'll be an easy way to churn out a Summer wardrobe on the cheap.

No comments:

Post a Comment