3/21/10

Rethinking the Past

The first "real" thing I ever attempted to knit was a tank top in Red Heart variegated yarn. Prior to that, I'd knit scarves and hats, but no actual garments and was ready for a challenge.

I stood in front of the yarn department at WalMart, attempting to find something that fit both my undergraduate tastes and budget. Armed with a few internet tutorials and needles my Mom had shipped out to me, I cast on in my dorm room. I think I may have had some delusional visions of me sashaying around campus wearing the finished piece. Those visions were short lived.

Long story short, the tank top attempt demonstrated the fact that at the time I a) really didn't understand gauge or fit and b) really didn't understand the way 100% acrylic yarn feels against the skin.

However, I'm giving Red Heart another shot and liking it, this time around using their sock yarn. So far, so good and I'm on to sock #2.

No comments:

Post a Comment