2/14/10

Everything in Moderation

I started a cardigan last week. The yarn is from a sweater I bought at Goodwill for $2.50, then unraveled. The yarn is a delightful raspberry color and I love the feel, but I can't get gauge at all. Since the pattern calls for a myriad of double yarn overs and strange twists, the headache of that added to the stretch of the yarn was making me peevish. I grit my teeth and frogged it all (but not before taking a photo).
And then I ate this. It made everything a little better.

3 comments:

  1. ah the curative power of chocolate...

    gorgeous colour yarn.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice to know chocolate soothes your soul as well. I have little stashes in my houses that I visit when the need arises. I've never taken apart a sweater to reuse the yarn. I've heard that it can sometimes cause problems because of stretching and distortion. It is certainly a lovely color though!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Chocolate really does right all wrongs :-)

    That's interesting about the distortion; it would definitely explain the weird stretchiness. Good to know!

    ReplyDelete