1/19/10

Embellishment


This past weekend my mom and I headed North to see the Victorian apparel exhibit at the Farnsworth Art Museum in Rockland, Maine. The show was worth the long drive (and I loved seeing the snow covered farm fields). Luckily photos were allowed at the museum, but no flash of course. With minimal lighting I was 99.9% positive nothing would come out, but was thrilled that a few did. The blouse above was one of my favorites; that detailing is so gorgeous I'm just blown away. With everything being so "blah" lately, the show (and the mild weather that day) were a much needed pick me up.
Before leaving we stopped for coffee and sweets at the Pastry Garden on Main Street. If you're in town you really have to go there. I am still dreaming about my cappuccino brownie.

No comments:

Post a Comment