11/1/09

Flowery


I told myself absolutely NO more sewing projects until I finish what I have in my basket. Viola, Exhibit A. Excuse the beleaguered expression. It was end of day Friday.

I don't know what it is, but this shirt was jinxed from the start. Everything that could go wrong did; arms seams didn't match up with side seams, the facing ended up botched, I flipped the fabric upside down when cutting, I could go on and on. I'm kind of hoping I've gotten all my bad sewing karma out of me. Oy.

The fabric is a vintage sheet I scored at Goodwill this past Spring (I'm hoarding the leftovers, needless to say). For the pattern I used McCall's M5627, which I liked a lot. The only change I made to the pattern was to shorten the back measurement (I'm just under 5'5, so this seems to help with fit a lot).

So what's on my plate next? I have a ton of vintage patterns accumulated while going to yard sales this past summer. I'm itching to start those, but I've got a plan to sew three nightgowns for my nieces (!) by Christmas, so we'll see...

No comments:

Post a Comment